Enquire about this course
The intended learning outcome is that delegates will be able to:
- Understand the legal requirements for risk assessment.
- Understand the principles of hazard identification.
- Carry out an assessment of risk as an individual or member of a team.
- Understand the principles of risk control.
- Background to Risk Assessment
- The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 (HASAWA)
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations relevant to risk assessment
- Safe systems of work
- Risk assessment – managers responsibility
- Risk Assessment Terminology
- Principles of Prevention
- Evaluation of Precautions
- Management Regulations Relevant to Risk Assessment – Summary
- Assessment Records
- Special applications of risk assessment – Young persons
- New or expectant mothers
- Overview of other assessment requirements
Enquiry for Risk Assessment Fill in the form below and we'll be in touch.
|Location||Venue||Dates||Price inc. VAT||Status|
Continuous tutor assessment with a mixture of syndicate exercises
Why you should attend this course
Effective Risk Control is the cornerstone of modern Health and Safety management.
This course is highly practical in nature and has been designed to ensure delegates gain a thorough understanding of the principles and techniques of effective risk assessment, along with an overview of the key requirements of the underpinning legislation.
Risk assessments are the benchmark of all good health and safety management systems. This course examines what is meant by risk assessment, the basic principles of risk assessment, and the HSE’s recognised five-step approach to successful risk assessment as part of an overall safe system of work.
Who should attend?
Senior Managers, Line Managers, supervisors, Safety Officers or anybody who is involved in carrying out Health and Safety Risk assessment.
Trainer kept a great pace, injected fun into the day(s) and ensured we were all involved. Good relaxed atmosphere at the venue, good food and we were well looked after.
Good delivery and interaction of training material. Excellent venue.
Tutor was very clear in giving the content of the course. Took time to ensure everyone understood.
IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management
Course Description This is a classroom based course delivered over a period of five consecutive days. This course has been developed in line with the IEMA Associate Membership ...
NEBOSH National General Certificate
Course Description This course covers the main legal requirements for health and safety in the UK, identification and control of workplace hazards, and the practical applicatio...
Safety Passport CCNSG
[administrate_event_table show_prices="true" num_months="12" course="SP" show_categories="false" show_names="false" show_codes="false"] Overview The aim of the CCNSG Safety Passport Scheme is to ensure a basic knowledge of health and sa...
Safety Passport Refresher CCNSG
[administrate_event_table show_prices="true" num_months="12" course="SPR" show_categories="false" show_names="false" show_codes="false"] Overview The aim of the CCNSG Safety Passport Scheme is to ensure a basic knowledge of health and...