- Duration: 2 Days
- Locations: In-house course only
Enquire about this course
- Define competence and identify limitations for better decision making
- Reduction of accidents, incidents and damage to property
- Better legal compliance
- Confident and well-informed workforce
- Build a positive culture
- Extensive knowledge of safe lifting
- Legal background for LOLER 1998
- The Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
- Assessing strength and stability and lifting equipment on rails
- Prevention of overload and lifting people
- Positioning and installation and SWL
- Lifting plans and organising the lift
- The 12 factors for safe lifting
- Examination, inspection and keeping records
- End of course practical LOLER checklist application
- Slinging and signalling techniques
- Assessed by practical exercisesthroughout the course
- Short multi-choice exam at the end of the course
- Delegates who successfully complete the course in full will receive a Pivotal Scotland certificate of training
HSE Documents (link will open in new tab)
View course dates below
At your premises
|2 Days||In-house course only||Enquire|
Enquiry for Lifting Operations (LOLER 1998) Awareness Fill in the form below and we'll be in touch.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Jane Wragg, a specialist prosecutor for the Crown Prosecution Service, recently prosecuted a company for Corporate Manslaughter following a crane accident that killed an employee. This course will cover current legal duties and best practice to enable supervisors and those responsible for using equipment to understand the LOLER regulations and how to impart best practice arising from the law.
Why you should attend this course
LOLER place duties on people and companies who own, operate or have control over lifting equipment. Lifting operations must be properly planned by a competent person, appropriately supervised and carried out in a safe manner. On completion of the course, delegates will be aware of the safe practices and correct procedures required under the LOLER approved code of practice.
Who should attend
Suitable for anyone in charge of a workplace that requires lifting equipment and those who operate lifting equipment as part of their job role.
Brilliant course, Anna-Lisa was very engaging, good real life examples. Great venue, great food and great service from all office staff too!
Superior teacher! Fantastic delivery, excellent teaching style and consistently tailored his teaching methods to discussion and debates held on the course. Would highly recommend.
Great course. Trainer was inspirational, I really appreciated the leadership techniques he talked about – thanks! Great venue, very friendly, caring and professional staff.
Safety Passport CCNSG
Safety Passport Refresher CCNSG