Enquire about this course
- Understand the legal responsibilities under the CDM Regulations 2015
- Improved project management
- Improves cooperation teamwork and forward planning
- Identify what information is required to form part of the health and safety plan and the health and safety file under CDM
- Assisting with preparation of the client brief
- Assisting with the preparation of pre-construction information
- Planning, managing and monitoring work during the pre-construction phase
- The elimination, reduction, and control of risks through design
- Health and safety file content and requirements
- Construction Design and Management Regulations
- Overview of client duties
- Overview of designer duties
- Overview of Principal Designer
- Principal contractors duties and the Construction Phase Plan
- Contractors duties
- Domestic clients
- HSE prosecutions
- Appointment thresholds
- A short multi-choice exam at the end of the course
- Delegates who successfully complete the course in full will receive a Pivotal Scotland certificate of training
CITB / HSE Guidance Documents – free to download from website links provided
Enquiry for CDM Awareness Fill in the form below and we'll be in touch.
|Location||Venue||Dates||Price inc. VAT||Status|
£234.00 inc. VAT
Register Now » Available
|Register Now » Available|
This course provides delegates with an understanding of the legal requirements of the CDM (Design and Management) Regulations and how the role of each key duty holders (clients, Principal Designer, Principal Contractor, other contractors) applies during construction projects.
Why you should attend this course
The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM 2015) came into force on 6 April 2015, replacing CDM 2007. These regulations define the management of health, safety and welfare when carrying out construction projects.
Who should attend
- Principal Designers looking for an update
- Site managers and agents
- Team leaders, supervisors and chargehands
- Sub-contractors,quantity surveyors,architects
- Safety advisers, managers,reps and officers
- Anyone responsible for design work under CDM
Tutor was very clear in giving the content of the course. Took time to ensure everyone understood.
Trainer kept the training focussed but not too serious. The course was brilliant – thank you!
The interactive sessions were extremely useful, learning by mistakes! Trainer was extremely knowledgeable and conversant with subject matter.
IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management
Course Description This is a classroom based course delivered over a period of five consecutive days. This course has been developed in line with the IEMA Associate Membership ...
NEBOSH National General Certificate
Course Description This course covers the main legal requirements for health and safety in the UK, identification and control of workplace hazards, and the practical applicatio...
Safety Passport CCNSG
[administrate_event_table show_prices="true" num_months="12" course="SP" show_categories="false" show_names="false" show_codes="false"] Overview The aim of the CCNSG Safety Passport Scheme is to ensure a basic knowledge of health and sa...
Safety Passport Refresher CCNSG
[administrate_event_table show_prices="true" num_months="12" course="SPR" show_categories="false" show_names="false" show_codes="false"] Overview The aim of the CCNSG Safety Passport Scheme is to ensure a basic knowledge of health and...