- Duration: 1 Day
- Locations: At your premises
Enquire about this course
- Gain fresh impetus in persuading people to work safer
- Motivate and inspire people to look at their own behaviour
- Overcome the most stubborn rule breakers within an organisation
- Persuade people to change and adopt safer habits
- Build awareness in the power of team dynamics
- Establish skills in how to influence teams in a positive manner
- Communicate the message at all levels
- Recognise errors early and take appropriate actions to prevent their occurrence
- Ask the question and intervene without confrontation
- The proven three step formula to change a behaviour.
- Learn the core personal behaviours expected of effective leaders.
- Build the interpersonal skills to influence peoples behaviour.
- Gain a sound knowledge of what drives people to behave as they do in the context of safety.
- Establish leadership behaviours and skills to influence others to behave more safely.
- Understand how the 6 personality adaption’s are formed and identify personality traits in themselves and others.
- Gain a general understanding of the principles of Transactional Analysis in human diagnostics.
- Establish the four key reinforcement zones that can be applied to overcome the most stubborn behaviours in people.
- Have a sound knowledge of the ‘law of behaviour’ developed by Doctor David Premack.
- Understand how to transform behavioural change into habit strength.
- Acquire a general understanding of the principles of Human error arising from the HSE`s Human Factor programme.
- Understand how and why employees carry out routine violations of rules at work and how to overcome this resistance.
- Increase their understanding of Professor James reasons three key error modes during major incidents.
- Gain an understanding of human motivation techniques and their application through accepted authorities on the subject.
- Establish the six core techniques from the Psychology of Persuasion
- Build a step wise process to formulate a world class health and safety culture within any organisation.
- Understand the key principles of group dynamics and how to recognise the seven key roles required to develop a dynamic team.
- Produce and implement a practical action plan for the use in the workplace.
- Practical exercises
- Syndicate and individual work
- Product experience with question & answering sessions
- Delegates who successfully complete the course in full will receive a Pivotal Scotland certificate of training
View course dates below
* NEW 1 DAY WORKSHOP COMING SOON *
|1 Day||At your premises||Enquire|
Enquiry for Behavioural Safety Fill in the form below and we'll be in touch.
This 1 day behavioural safety workshop will provide ready to use measurement tools and techniques to benchmark staff perception in heath and safety. From this information delegates can devise their own working programme for implementation in the workplace.
Why you should attend this course
Behaviour-Based Safety (BBS) is an effective tool for the reduction of workplace accidents. Accidents cost money, either directly or indirectly. With the best intentions, organisations over the years have invested heavily in developing their staff to become health & safety proficient. Whilst this has driven down accident statistics, further improvements can be achieved if people recognise that human factors and their own behaviour are the main source of accidents in the workplace.
Who should attend?
- Decision makers
- H&S Advisers
- HR Managers or those with a real interest in changing people’s behaviour in making the workplace a safer place.
Brilliant course, Anna-Lisa was very engaging, good real life examples. Great venue, great food and great service from all office staff too!
Superior teacher! Fantastic delivery, excellent teaching style and consistently tailored his teaching methods to discussion and debates held on the course. Would highly recommend.
Great course. Trainer was inspirational, I really appreciated the leadership techniques he talked about – thanks! Great venue, very friendly, caring and professional staff.
IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management
Course Description This is a classroom based course delivered over a period of five consecutive days. This course has been developed in line with the IEMA Associate Membership ...
NEBOSH National General Certificate
Course Description The NEBOSH National General Certificate course will cover how to effectively manage health and safety; the UK's key legal requirements and how to identify an...
Safety Passport CCNSG
[administrate_event_table show_prices="true" num_months="12" course="SP" show_categories="false" show_names="false" show_codes="false"] Overview The aim of the CCNSG Safety Passport Scheme is to ensure a basic knowledge of health and sa...
Safety Passport Refresher CCNSG
[administrate_event_table show_prices="true" num_months="12" course="SPR" show_categories="false" show_names="false" show_codes="false"] Overview The aim of the CCNSG Safety Passport Scheme is to ensure a basic knowledge of health and...