Enquire about this course
- Identify the true cost of accidents
- Determine the root causes of accidents
- Conduct effective accident investigations
- Assist in reports and suggest recommendations to interested parties to minimise re-occurrence
- The Triangle of Loss
- Economic implications and costing techniques
- Models of Accident and Incident Causation
- Immediate and underlying causes
- Organisational/root causes
- Human error and James Reason
- Objectives of an investigation
- Why violations occur and how they can be avoided
- How to build a better reporting culture
- Managing the accident scene
- Influence on safety culture
- Managing the accident scene
- Witness statements
- Introduction to fault trees
- No formal assessment for this course
- Delegates who successfully complete the course in full will receive a Pivotal Scotland certificate of training
Enquiry for Accident Investigation Fill in the form below and we'll be in touch.
|Location||Venue||Dates||Price inc. VAT||Status|
This engaging and highly participative one-day accident investigation workshop will enable delegates to identify the root causes of accidents and make effective recommendations in order to prevent recurrences. It also explores interviewing techniques and reporting requirements.
Why you should attend this course
In any organisation things don’t always go to plan. Busy managers and supervisors can miss unexpected events leading to costly consequences. This course has been specifically designed to raise awareness amongst first line managers, health & safety advisers (or other interested parties), and teaches the benefits of applying recognised investigation techniques.
Who Should Attend?
- First line managers, supervisors, safety advisors and assistants, managers responsible for investigating and reporting accidents
Tutor was very clear in giving the content of the course. Took time to ensure everyone understood.
Trainer kept the training focussed but not too serious. The course was brilliant – thank you!
The interactive sessions were extremely useful, learning by mistakes! Trainer was extremely knowledgeable and conversant with subject matter.
IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management
Course Description This is a classroom based course delivered over a period of five consecutive days. This course has been developed in line with the IEMA Associate Membership ...
NEBOSH National General Certificate
Course Description This course covers the main legal requirements for health and safety in the UK, identification and control of workplace hazards, and the practical applicatio...
Safety Passport CCNSG
[administrate_event_table show_prices="true" num_months="12" course="SP" show_categories="false" show_names="false" show_codes="false"] Overview The aim of the CCNSG Safety Passport Scheme is to ensure a basic knowledge of health and sa...
Safety Passport Refresher CCNSG
[administrate_event_table show_prices="true" num_months="12" course="SPR" show_categories="false" show_names="false" show_codes="false"] Overview The aim of the CCNSG Safety Passport Scheme is to ensure a basic knowledge of health and...