- Duration: 10 Days (tuition);
1 Day (optional revision);
1 Day (exam) ,10 days (including exam)
- Locations: The Studio, Hope St. Glasgow,Jurys Inn Hotel, Jamaica Street, Glasgow
Enquire about this course
With this qualification, you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to:
- Advise on duties under main pieces of UK health and safety legislation
- Support and develop your organisation’s health and safety culture
- Justify the need for health and safety improvements
- Work within a health and safety management system
- Identify common hazards
- Spot the key risks in your organisation
- Professionally carry out risk assessments
- Develop a detailed action plan and know how to action it
- Manage workplace risks
NG1: Management of Health and Safety
- Element 1 – Why should we manage workplace health and safety
- Element 2 – How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Element 3 – Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Element 4 – Health and safety monitoring and measuring
NG2: Risk Assessment
- Element 5 – Physical and psychological health
- Element 6 – Musculoskeletal health
- Element 7 – Chemical and biological agents
- Element 8 – General workplace issues
- Element 9 – Work equipment
- Element 10 – Fire
- Element 11 – Electricity
You will be assessed on both units. NG1 is assessed by one question paper (2 hour written exam) – this will assess what you know. The question paper will consist of one 20-mark question and ten 8-mark questions. Questions will be based on content covered in elements 1-4. Candidates must achieve 45% to pass this unit.
Unit NG2 is assessed by a practical risk assessment – this will assess what you can do. This is undertaken at your workplace. The risk assessment will assess elements 5-11 but will also draw on knowledge and understanding from elements 1.1, 1.2 and 3.4 from Unit NG1. Candidates must achieve 45% to pass this unit.
A ‘pass’ must be achieved in both units to be awarded the qualification and issued with a certificate. However, the qualification grade is based only on the result from the written question paper (Unit NG1). The grading boundaries are as follows:
Distinction: 75 marks or higher
Credit: 65-74 marks
Pass: 45-64 marks
You have five years to complete the qualification. The five-year period starts from the date you pass your first successful unit.
View course dates below
Enquiry for NEBOSH National General Certificate Fill in the form below and we'll be in touch.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate course will cover how to effectively manage health and safety; the UK’s key legal requirements and how to identify and control the key workplace hazards in the workplace. It is the most recognised and trusted health and safety qualification of its kind.
The qualification is divided into two units:
- Management of Health and Safety – Unit NG1
- Risk Assessment – Unit NG2
*We will be delivering the new NEBOSH syllabus from January 2020*
Why you should attend this Glasgow based course
The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety is the leading foundation course for those who need to implement modern risk management practices and attain a nationally recognised health and safety qualification. This course provides delegates with an excellent grounding in health and safety legislation, hazard recognition, practical risk control and good risk management practices.
Who should attend this NEBOSH training course in Scotland?
This qualification offers a good foundation in health and safety for managers, supervisors and staff where health and safety is part of their day to day responsibilities. No previous health and safety knowledge or experience is required to register for this course.
Brilliant course, Anna-Lisa was very engaging, good real life examples. Great venue, great food and great service from all office staff too!
Superior teacher! Fantastic delivery, excellent teaching style and consistently tailored his teaching methods to discussion and debates held on the course. Would highly recommend.
Great course. Trainer was inspirational, I really appreciated the leadership techniques he talked about – thanks! Great venue, very friendly, caring and professional staff.
IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management
Course Description This is a classroom based course delivered over a period of five consecutive days. This course has been developed in line with the IEMA Associate Membership ...
NEBOSH National General Certificate
Course Description The NEBOSH National General Certificate course will cover how to effectively manage health and safety; the UK's key legal requirements and how to identify an...
Safety Passport CCNSG
Safety Passport Refresher CCNSG