- Duration: 1 Day
- Locations: Available in-house only
Enquire about this course
On completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- Identify the common causes of injury and ill health associated with their workplace and work activities
- Undertake and assist with the production of risk assessments within own work area
- Assist others in performing work place risk assessments
- Monitor health and safety performance in the workplace
- Improve health and safety management in the workplace
- >Greater productivity as fewer hours are lost due to sickness and accidents
- Improved company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation for safety measures
- Active staff involvement to improve the workplace
- Nationally recognised and respected certification
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain
- Recognised by CSCS as an equivalent to a Level 1 Award in health and safety in a construction environment
- Introducing working safely
- Defining hazards and risks
- Identifying common hazards
- Improving safety performance
- Protecting the environment
- Delegates are evaluated using a multi-format question paper and a multiple choice hazard spotting exercise
- Delegates who pass the course can choose to receive the IOSH Working safely certificate and/or the IOSH safety passport as proof of your qualification
- The IOSH Working Safely course has been recognised as an equivalent to a Level 1 Award in health and safety in a construction environment
- This means that delegates who successfully complete Working safely can apply for a Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) green Labourer card once they have also passed the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Operative test
- Working Safely Fact Sheet
- Working Safely Fact Sheet
View course dates below
|1 Day||Available in-house only||Enquire|
Enquiry for IOSH Working Safely Fill in the form below and we'll be in touch.
This practical course is designed for people in organisations whose work exposes them to risk. It will equip them with the core knowledge they require to work safely without endangering themselves or others. They will be provided with an overview of ‘best practice’ health and safety management principles and realistic tips and guidance on how to apply these in the workplace. During the course, common workplace hazards are explored using exercises and /or discussions.
Delegates who successfully complete the short theory and practical tests at the end of this course will be awarded the IOSH Working Safely certificate issued by the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health.
Why you should attend this course
A foundation course designed to help front line staff understand and apply the fundamental principles of health and safety in the workplace
Who should attend?
Personnel who need a good foundation in modern risk based health and safety management principles.
This is a fun and focused course for people at any level, in any sector, who need a grounding in health and safety. Ideal for introducing staff to why health and safety is important, working safely shows how everyone can make a difference to their own well being and that of others through everyday behaviours. Fun and interactive, the course focuses on best practice rather than legislation.
Tutor was very clear in giving the content of the course. Took time to ensure everyone understood.
Trainer kept the training focussed but not too serious. The course was brilliant – thank you!
The interactive sessions were extremely useful, learning by mistakes! Trainer was extremely knowledgeable and conversant with subject matter.
IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management
Course Description This is a classroom based course delivered over a period of five consecutive days. This course has been developed in line with the IEMA Associate Membership ...
NEBOSH National General Certificate
Course Description This course covers the main legal requirements for health and safety in the UK, identification and control of workplace hazards, and the practical applicatio...
Safety Passport CCNSG
[administrate_event_table show_prices="true" num_months="12" course="SP" show_categories="false" show_names="false" show_codes="false"] Overview The aim of the CCNSG Safety Passport Scheme is to ensure a basic knowledge of health and sa...
Safety Passport Refresher CCNSG
[administrate_event_table show_prices="true" num_months="12" course="SPR" show_categories="false" show_names="false" show_codes="false"] Overview The aim of the CCNSG Safety Passport Scheme is to ensure a basic knowledge of health and...