- Duration: 1 Day ,1 day
- Locations: Jurys Inn, Glasgow ,Edinburgh Training & Conference Venue ,The Studio, Hope St., Glasgow
Enquire about this course
On completion, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the legal, moral and financial role of operational directors, owners of small businesses and senior executives.
- Explain the importance of safety and health and how integrating those objectives into other business management objectives can help to minimise risk and reduce losses.
- Illustrate how to plan the direction for safety and health and integrate it into business systems.
- Explain the value of an adequately resourced and efficient safety and health management system, the value and benefits of training at all levels, and when to access competent advice.
- Outline the benefits of good safety and health management systems, the consequences of failing to manage effectively, and how to ensure internal controls are working.
- Describe the importance of reviewing and continually improving management systems, especially following change or failure.
- Explain the positive impact and improvement that an organisation’s leaders can have on its performance through their attitudes and support for improving its safety culture.
- Describe the importance of setting key performance indicators and targets, together with performance monitoring and review for continual improvement in safety and health management.
Module 1 – The moral, legal and financial case
Module 2 – Plan
Module 3 – Do
Module 4 – Check
Module 5 – Act
- At the end of the course, delegates submit a personal commitment; 3 commitments identifying an outcome goal, a performance goal and a process goal.
- Upon successful completion delegates will be awarded an IOSH Safety Executives and Directors certificate.
View course dates below
Enquiry for IOSH Safety for Executives and Directors Fill in the form below and we'll be in touch.
This pragmatic and practical one day course provides Executives with a clear insight into the key aspects of health and safety in the workplace and a full appreciation of current health and safety legislation. This course replaces the IOSH Safety for Senior Executives and IOSH Directing Safely courses as of August 2016.
Why you should attend this course
On the 8th of April 2016 a Director of a demolition company was jailed for six years when two of his employees fell from a roof on the same day. He was fined £400,000 and ordered to pay £55,000 in court costs. Senior Executives and Managers have onerous responsibilities under health and safety legislation. Individuals who neglect their responsibility for health and safety may be open to criminal prosecution in the event of a serious accident or incident occurring in the workplace. All levels of management should be fully aware of how this can affect them.
Who should attend?
Those with overall operational or strategic accountability for an organisation; those responsible for determining and implementing safety and health management and monitoring its success.
Brilliant course, Anna-Lisa was very engaging, good real life examples. Great venue, great food and great service from all office staff too!
Superior teacher! Fantastic delivery, excellent teaching style and consistently tailored his teaching methods to discussion and debates held on the course. Would highly recommend.
Great course. Trainer was inspirational, I really appreciated the leadership techniques he talked about – thanks! Great venue, very friendly, caring and professional staff.
IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management
Course Description This is a classroom based course delivered over a period of five consecutive days. This course has been developed in line with the IEMA Associate Membership ...
NEBOSH National General Certificate
Course Description The NEBOSH National General Certificate course will cover how to effectively manage health and safety; the UK's key legal requirements and how to identify an...
Safety Passport CCNSG
Safety Passport Refresher CCNSG