- Duration: 5 Days ,5 days
- Locations: The Studio, Hope St., Glasgow
Enquire about this course
What do you and your organisation get?
- Associate membership offers support, access to training resources, information and professional connections, so that your organisation has the expertise to manage environmental risk and compliance
- AIEMA membership demonstrates to employers, clients and colleagues that you’re on a great career path and committed to environmental and sustainability issues
- Up-to-date knowledge of developments in practice and changing legislation, with your subscription to The Environmentalist magazine – the world’s most-read environment and sustainability publication
- Access to the guidance you need to help you do your job
- The opportunity to get involved in IEMA surveys and consultations, which influence the policies and regulations affecting your work
There are 13 learning outcomes covered in this course:
- Implications of global trends for; society, the economy, organisations
- Sustainable business/governance principles & their relationship with organisations, products & services
- Environmental principles & their relationship with organisations, products & services
- Policy, legislation & their implications for organisations, products & services
- Tools, techniques, systems and practices used to improve sustainability performance
- Role of innovation & other leading practices in developing sustainable products, services & providing sustainable solutions
- Data collection, data analysis, & evaluation of information
- Research & plan for the provision of sustainable solutions
- Effective communication & capture feedback
- Interacting with stakeholders
- Outline tools & techniques; identifying opportunities and risks
- Identify & propose ways to improve performance
- Support change and transformation to improve sustainability
Assessment is via a 60-minute open-book multiple choice examination undertaken online at home (or in the workplace), within the registered exam schedule.
- Successful completion of this course and of the assessment confirms that candidates have met the IEMA Associate membership standard. Candidates will receive an IEMA certificate of course completion and one year’s IEMA Associate membership.
View course dates below
30 November – 4 December 2020
|5 days||The Studio, Hope St., Glasgow||Enquire|
Enquiry for IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management Fill in the form below and we'll be in touch.
This is a classroom based course delivered over a period of five consecutive days. This course has been developed in line with the IEMA Associate Membership standard to equip individuals with the knowledge and skills needed to initiate a career in environment and sustainability, specifically focusing on environmental management. Delivered through trainer presentations and practical interactive exercises throughout.
Why you should attend this course
IEMA is the worldwide membership body for environment and sustainability professionals, driving global standards for sustainable practice. The IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management is designed to raise the professional competence of those who have recently become involved in environmental management or for whom environmental management is an integral part of a wide range or responsibilities.
Who should attend?
Professional people looking to get more involved and make an impact in an environment and sustainability role, or those building a career in environment and sustainability.
Brilliant course, Anna-Lisa was very engaging, good real life examples. Great venue, great food and great service from all office staff too!
Superior teacher! Fantastic delivery, excellent teaching style and consistently tailored his teaching methods to discussion and debates held on the course. Would highly recommend.
Great course. Trainer was inspirational, I really appreciated the leadership techniques he talked about – thanks! Great venue, very friendly, caring and professional staff.
IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management
Course Description This is a classroom based course delivered over a period of five consecutive days. This course has been developed in line with the IEMA Associate Membership ...
NEBOSH National General Certificate
Course Description The NEBOSH National General Certificate course will cover how to effectively manage health and safety; the UK's key legal requirements and how to identify an...
Safety Passport CCNSG
Safety Passport Refresher CCNSG