- Locations: Glasgow
Enquire about this course
Delegates will be introduced to the risks associated with fire and the controls available.
- How fires are caused in the workplace
- The components of the fire triangle
- The hazards during and after a fire
- The characteristics of fire and smoke spread
- Methods used to identify and control fire hazards
- Methods of fire detection and raising the alarm
- How fires are extinguished
- How to use portable fire-fighting equipment safely
- Common fixed fire-fighting systems
- Duties of employers and employees in relation to fire safety
- How to undertake a simple fire safety inspection in the workplace
- The stages involved in a fire risk assessment
- The role of fire wardens in the workplace
- The content of fire safety training
Assessment is an online BSC multiple choice test.
Successful candidates will receive a British Safety Council certificate.
View course dates below
Date TBC or at your premises
Enquiry for Principles of Fire Safety – Fire Warden Fill in the form below and we'll be in touch.
This course covers the causes and characteristics of fire and smoke spread in the workplace and the components of the fire triangle. It also covers the hazards during and after a fire, means of escape, methods of fire detection, raising the alarm plus how to safely extinguish the different types of fire – whether it be electrical, relating to hazardous materials or any other. Also included are legal responsibilities, fire risk assessments, and the role of the fire warden.
Why you should attend this course
Fire is one of the biggest risks in the work environment. This course provides a valuable introduction to the key principles of fire safety.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all employees and is particularly useful for those with a designated responsibility for fire safety, such as fire wardens.
Brilliant course, Anna-Lisa was very engaging, good real life examples. Great venue, great food and great service from all office staff too!
Superior teacher! Fantastic delivery, excellent teaching style and consistently tailored his teaching methods to discussion and debates held on the course. Would highly recommend.
Great course. Trainer was inspirational, I really appreciated the leadership techniques he talked about – thanks! Great venue, very friendly, caring and professional staff.
IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management
Course Description This is a classroom based course delivered over a period of five consecutive days. This course has been developed in line with the IEMA Associate Membership ...
NEBOSH National General Certificate
Course Description The NEBOSH National General Certificate course will cover how to effectively manage health and safety; the UK's key legal requirements and how to identify an...
Safety Passport CCNSG
Safety Passport Refresher CCNSG