Enquire about this course
Delegates will gain a full understanding of the competencies required as a fire risk assessor. By the end of this one day course, attendees will be able to perform a fire risk assessment with confidence, ensuring compliance with legislation as well as protecting premises and people.
- Reasons for conducting fire risk assessments
- Main legislation relating to fire risk assessment
- Determining the responsible person
- Risk assessment approach to fire safety
- Competencies required of fire risk assessors
- Principles of the fire triangle and fire prevention
- Main causes of fire in different occupancies
- Recognising fire hazards in the workplace
- Identifying the location of people at risk
- Evaluating the adequacy of existing arrangements
- Recording the findings of a fire risk assessment
- Making recommendations based on the findings
- Reviewing and revising a fire risk assessment
Assessment is an online BSC Fire Risk Assessment task.
Successful candidates will receive a British Safety Council certificate.
Home Office documents (free to download – opens in new tab).
Enquiry for Fire Risk Assessment Fill in the form below and we'll be in touch.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
|Location||Venue||Dates||Price inc. VAT||Status|
Employers have a legal duty to conduct fire risk assessments. This one day, Level 2 Fire Risk Assessment course will cover the reasons for conducting fire risk assessments and the main legislation relating to fire risk assessment. It will also cover the competencies required of fire risk assessors.
Why you should attend this course
Fire presents significant risk to businesses. Organisations operating from single premises are particularly vulnerable as loss of premises may completely disrupt their operations. Many businesses fail to continue trading following a severe fire. The implementation of the Fire Safety (Scotland) Act 2005 and the removal of fire certificates, places a duty of care on the responsible person for the building to ensure good management of fire safety in their premises. The risk assessment must be carried out by a competent person.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for employees with responsibility for carrying out fire risk assessments in the workplace.
Brilliant course, Anna-Lisa was very engaging, good real life examples. Great venue, great food and great service from all office staff too!
Superior teacher! Fantastic delivery, excellent teaching style and consistently tailored his teaching methods to discussion and debates held on the course. Would highly recommend.
Great course. Trainer was inspirational, I really appreciated the leadership techniques he talked about – thanks! Great venue, very friendly, caring and professional staff.
Safety Passport CCNSG
Safety Passport Refresher CCNSG