Enquire about this course
This course will teach candidates how to carry out a Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) risk assessment. Attendees will gain full knowledge and understanding of COSHH.
- Reasons for conducting COSHH risk assessments
- Main legislation relating to COSHH risk assessments
- Competencies required of COSHH risk assessors
- Hazardous substances and their effects on the body
- Main classifications for hazardous substances
- Interpreting information from safety data sheets
- Use of workplace exposure limits
- Factors affecting assessment of risk
- Risk control strategies
- Recording the findings of a COSHH risk assessment
- Making recommendations based on the findings
- Reviewing and revising a COSHH risk assessment
Assessment – BSC online risk assessment task
Successful candidates will receive a British Safety Council certificate.
Useful information (will open in a new tab)
Enquiry for COSHH Risk Assessment Fill in the form below and we'll be in touch.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
|Location||Venue||Dates||Price inc. VAT||Status|
The British Safety Council Level 2 Award in COSHH Risk Assessment will teach you how to carry out a Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) risk assessment in line with HSE approved code of practice.
Why you should attend this course
Control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH) is the law that requires employers to control substances that are hazardous to health.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at those with responsibility for carrying out COSHH risk assessments in the workplace.
Brilliant course, Anna-Lisa was very engaging, good real life examples. Great venue, great food and great service from all office staff too!
Superior teacher! Fantastic delivery, excellent teaching style and consistently tailored his teaching methods to discussion and debates held on the course. Would highly recommend.
Great course. Trainer was inspirational, I really appreciated the leadership techniques he talked about – thanks! Great venue, very friendly, caring and professional staff.
Safety Passport CCNSG
Safety Passport Refresher CCNSG